Saturday, December 1, 2007

Vongo should take over Microsoft support maybe

One of my readers called and said Vongo replied to my last blog. I was surprised and want Vongo to know I think Vongo is a great service. I like the speed and quality of the picture. You can start watching a movie before it is finished downloading. If you watch a movie that is still downloading do not try to rewind. The movie starts over from the beginning. If you watch all but the end of a movie be prepared to have to spend several minutes holding down the fast forward button to get back to the end. But these two problems may be the result of technical limitations of Windows Media Player. I heard another user complain that movies disappeared out of the movie queue too fast. I haven’t had that problem and like having the software manage the space.

What I was looking for from Vongo was how to satisfy their new requirements. Armed with the knowledge that it is possible to use Vongo and still have Internet Explorer 6.0 I tried upgrading again. This is how you do it if you have XP.
1. Go to http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
2. Pick custom button
3. Validate that you bought your software
4. Remove IE 7.0 from the update list
5. On the left side panel click software optional. In that list will appear Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (KB925766). Check it and any of the other updates you want. You will need to check Windows Media Player 11 (for Windows Media Center Edition 2005) You may not see it the first time. Upgrade and after you reboot follow the above steps again. (This is what tripped me up)
6. Press install updates link.
7. Reboot. Expect two reboots in the above process and a third when you use your computer again.
8. Load Vongo and install the new version.
9. Watch a movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I sense some sarcasm in your comments? One of the annoyances on my work computer is around Window's updates. The ones IT allows through autoload. Once complete, they ask you every 15 minutes "Can I reboot?"... it is like having another child: "Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"..."Can I reboot?"...and eventually you give in!

Anonymous said...

hey all newsaboutthenews.blogspot.com admin found your site via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com