Monday, December 3, 2007

So much for ordering checks

I tried for the first time to order my checks through the internet. Obviously there is a certain amount of security so that valid checks are sent to the right person for the right account. My bank only allows re-ordering checks. I am not sure how you re-order checks if you are never allowed to order in the first place. I guess when you set up your account they set that up. I set up my account when I graduated from high school and the internet was still just an idea in Al Gore’s head. So I guess I will have to continue mailing my re-order form. I sent an email and customer support was not much help. I guess I was partly to blame I provided the information on the order form. They said they could not find me and asked if I really had an account. It was obvious to me that they put in the wrong number and why. At the bottom of the check are the routing and transit numbers then the account number. Maybe I should not have given them the entire number. I did not feel that old until this. My account is too old to be used through the internet.

No comments: