Monday, July 23, 2007

Energy Crazy

A neighbor near my house has put up a sign “Stop urban gas drilling”. The sign is in response to the huge natural gas find in Texas. This begs many questions. The first is why they continue to use urban natural gas. Second, where should we get the natural gas, national wildlife reserves in Alaska? Third, even if they turn off their urban natural gas where do they think their electricity comes from. Some of it comes from nuclear, but the extra requirements for summer usage come from where? Is that their air conditioner I hear running? Should I put up a sign “Help turn off my neighbor’s urban gas air conditioner”?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There may be an envy issue here too. Where I grew up, everyone wanted gas found on their property because you get a nice check for it. And, we were happy for others when it panned out.