Friday, February 15, 2008

What is going on with IE Favorites?

I like to use favorites to mark the addresses to web sites I regularly view. A week ago a strange thing started. The favorites in the folders are arranging themselves alphabetically. At first I thought I had accidentally pressed some short cut. Now it is happening in other folders. Did Microsoft have an update recently? (yes) Since I have been using these links for years they are like phone numbers you can dial but not recite out loud. Now I can not find anything. I would put the lists back in order, but how long before Microsoft reset my hard work? I looked it up and there is a sort when you right click using the file menu. I don’t use the file menu to open favorites so I have never seen this option. I put my favorites in folders and put the ones I use the most at the top. Now every time I add a favorite it is like getting a new phone number for every number I call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't duplicate what you're seeing.
What OS and version of IE? My faves are not re-ordering with the latest MS updates. Maybe it's the Alphabet Virus!!

David Cartmel said...

XP professional and IE 6.0. It may not be a problem in IE 7.