Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wal-Mart forgets to rollup prices

I went shopping at Wal-Mart Marketplace for cleaning supplies this week. I noticed that sodas were on sale and grabbed a 12 pack and a two liter bottle. When I tried self check out the 12 pack rang up at twice the price listed and the two liters Dr. Pepper said item not found. Since the sodas were from a display next to checkout I looked over and indeed they were a rollback. So I move over to a checker, since nobody was manning the self checkout. The sale had ended the previous day and all the sale items in the store were no longer on sale. I suggested that they send someone around to pull the signs. The checker said someone was working on that. I suggested that maybe they were a little understaffed. She said, “no, we can only do one thing at a time.” So I guess at 5pm it is normal to still have the rollback prices from a sale that ended the previous day. I wonder if the new sale items rang at the new price. The inability for the computer to find Dr. Pepper makes me wonder. I worked at a grocery store as a teenager. I thought back to who made sure the signs were pulled and new ones put up. That would be the manager. I looked around and the two checkers seemed to be on their own, even when they had problems, which both did. It was fairly busy and self check was the only way the store was dealing with it. So unless you have time, you pay whatever they want.

No comments: