Wednesday, February 13, 2008

News before the News

Esther Dyson offered an opinion column in the Wall Street Journal answering my question of who the start-ups and outsourcing companies may be turning to for online ads. I doubt she read my blog and she is a much better writer. But I think she still fails to find the companies I was referring to. These companies, mostly in India and China, were veracious users of online ads in 2005 for products under $500. Perhaps the ability to reach users at a reasonable cost for small niche players was just a temporary fluke.

Wal-Mart did sell the Dr. Pepper to me at the sale price, but not the twelve packs. I feel the fact the product was no longer in the system at any price was the main reason. I do not feel resolved or satisfied. It has made me think about my own business strategy. Maybe the small things can mean more than the big things. Price was not the concern. I was concerned that someone would go take the signs down, for the benefit of the other customers and I received a yes, we are sorry.

No comments: