Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Vista sinks the Presentation

Vista can be counted on to fail at the most inopportune moments. During an important presentation I could not use Office because I did not have internet access. I did not need the internet and nothing I was doing needed the internet. But Vista was home sick and would not work until it was allowed to call home to Microsoft. I was at a complete loss at why I kept clicking yes I want to stay offline and the message would not go away. Too bad help is online. The problem is User Account Control which protects you from internet viruses while you are offline. Once you know the solution it is easy to turn User Account Control off. There is a great page on how at http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/12/19/turn-off-or-disable-user-account-control-uac-in-windows-vista/ You could pay thousands of dollars for a training class to help you think on your feet in stressful situations or buy Vista.

No comments: