Thursday, October 4, 2007

Vista File Type Broken

Vista tries to open Word documents created in earlier versions of Office in Paint. You have to save the file and do an open as because Paint is not yet smart enough to read Word files (.doc). Not that many people probably use email or Word together (sarcasm). I was an idiot and called Microsoft to report my list of errors. Yes I checked if anyone else had already reported them. I am no longer sure why Microsoft answers the phone. I was on hold for two days and spoke to about a dozen people. None of them had the authority to do anything. Even after they did recognize that I appeared to know what I was talking about and that indeed there is a problem. They had nothing in their book about what to do. I did talk to someone in the US and they said the only option they could offer was to mail it and supplied a mail address (not email, regular mail). While on hold for two days I watched movies and watched the new premiers. I like the new Kitchen Nightmare series. Journey man has a great concept but failed to capitalize on the angel angle. I think they could just do the sister angle on Bionic Woman. It worked on Inspector Gadget (Penny).

No comments: