Monday, August 20, 2007

Lizard News

I recently saw a large horned toad. My description to a friend had it at over 12 inches. I saw it again and it was close enough to measure against my hand. It turned out to be 10 inches, with half that being its tail. It is still large, but not as large as my first estimate. Today the news on Yahoo mentions a category five hurricane headed for Mexico and possibly hitting Texas. Hurricane Dean aims for Mexico's Yucatan I checked it out on the National Weather Service web site and it had very different numbers. Maximum 1-minute Wind Speed Probability Table It gives the highest probability to it being a category three today and a category one tomorrow. It gives the same probability to a category five as it turning into a category one within the next 24 hours, and almost no chance after that. They don’t even give Texas as a possible target. I am reminded of one hurricane last year that went outside their track area last year. I guess that lizard could have been over a foot long.

No comments: