Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too Poor for the Economic Stimulus Check

According to the IRS I will not be receiving the Economic Stimulus Check because as a small business owner I did not make enough money in 2007. I would think that would be a good reason to get the check. I would be satisfied to receive back the federal income tax I paid last year. That would be significantly more than the stimulus check. I wonder if internet based businesses will be able to survive inside the US. Not only do I pay a greater percentage of my income in taxes than I did before, but I do not get most of the benefits the taxes are used for. I complain, but I can only imagine how businesses that need a physical location must feel. They get hit with a lot of local taxes that I avoid in not having a physical shop.

No comments: